HISTORY & PHILOSOPHY
On the slopes of the valley where the history of wine spans centuries, in an altitude of 550 meters lies a unified hilly area of 430 stremmata (decares) that used to be a terroir (group of vineyards) from Megalo Metoxi of the St. George Epanosifi Monastery.
Here, in one end of the valley where the wine-press of Vathypetro stands untouched by time since 2500 BC while nature takes care of our vineyards in the other end.
MICHALAKIS ESTATE VINEYARS
It all began in a small village of Crete, the village Roka Kisamou. The Michalakis brothers were the point of reference and success was their destination.Through and unknown at the time path that turned out to be a very specific course of work today. A history that was carefully made, step by step, as careful as the process followed for the production of fine wine.
The history of the Michalakis family is as explicit as a bottle of wine. As soon as you read the label you gather all the essential information required to carelessly enjoy.Since 1962, our insistency and desire for quality and variation improvement of our wines, as well as the experience we acquired through the passing of time, contributed in the creation of a great family of preferred wines.
We follow a continuous path of modernization and a continuous quest for the creation of high quality wines.
Our Objectives are Simple and Definite:
- The emergence of Cretan wine on the high rungs of the wine scene.
- To cultivate our vineyards with love and passion, as our family tradition have taught us and with the modern farming techniques that science has developed.
- To convey this love and knowledge to the winegrowers of Crete.
- To create a people friendly infrastructure with respect to nature and the environment, capable to save the energy resources of mother nature.
- To offer the consumers wine products with a strong relationship between quality and value.