Effective Date of the Policy: 18/02/2021
We use technologies on the websites www.michalakis.gr (“Website“) in order to collect information that helps us improve your online experience.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are installed on your computer, tablet, mobile phone and generally on the device with which you browse the websites www.michalakis.gr . They are widely used to make websites work better and more efficiently. They can do this because websites can read and write these files, enabling them to recognize and remember important information that will make using the internet easier for you (e.g., memorizing user preferences).
In general, there are three different ways to sort cookies:
- what purpose they serve:
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are necessary for browsing the website and using its features.
- Preference / functional cookies – these cookies allow a website to remember the choices a user has made in the past.
- Analytics / statistics cookies – these cookies collect information about how to use a website.
- Marketing / advertising cookies – these cookies track a user’s online activity to help advertisers display more relevant ads or limit how many times an ad is viewed.
- how long do they last:
- session cookies – these cookies are temporary and expire as soon as the browser is closed (or as soon as the login session is complete),
- persistent cookies – all cookies that remain on the hard drive until deleted by the user or his browser, depending on the expiration date of the cookie. All permanent cookies have an expiration date on their password, but their duration may vary. According to the European ePrivacy Directive, it should not last more than 12 months!
- which is their origin:
- first-party cookies – cookies are placed on the user’s device directly from the website they visit,
- third-party cookies – these are cookies placed on the user’s device, by third parties such as advertisers or analytics system.
What kind of cookies do we use?
Here is a list of the different types of cookies we use on the website.
Necessary cookies. These cookies are important for our website, so we give you the opportunity to browse it and use its features. Without these absolutely necessary cookies, we may not be able to provide specific services or functions and our website will not work as smoothly for you as we would like. The cookies that allow online stores (e-shops) on the Internet to keep items in a user’s cart while shopping are an example of absolutely necessary cookies. These cookies are generally first-party session cookies.
Necessary cookies on this website may include:
|moove_gdpr_popup||Cookie Managment Plugin||michalakis.gr|
|age_gate||Age Verification Cookie||michalakis.gr|
Performance (analytics) / statistics) cookies. Performance cookies, sometimes called analytics cookies, collect information about the use of this website by you and allow us to improve the way it works. For example, performance cookies show us which are the most frequently visited pages on the website, allow us to see the overall usage patterns on the website, help us to record any difficulties you encounter with the website.
Performance (analytics) cookies on this website may include:
Functional (preference) Cookies. In some cases, we may use functionality cookies. Functional cookies allow us to remember the choices you make on our website and to provide more enriched / enhanced and more personalized functions / features. All these features help us to improve your visit to our website.
Flash Cookies. In certain cases, we may use AdobeFlash Player to display specific content, such as video clips or animation. To enhance your user experience, Local Shared Objects (commonly known as “Flash Cookies“) are used to provide features such as memorizing your settings and preferences. Flash cookies are stored on your device but are managed through an interface other than that provided by your web browser. This means that you cannot manage flash cookies at the browser level in the same way that you would manage cookies. Instead, you can access flash management tools directly from the Adobe Web site. The Adobe website provides detailed information on how to delete or disable flash cookies – see http://www.adobe.com/security/flashplayer for more information. Please note that if you do not enable or disable or disable flash cookies for this website, you may not be able to access certain features, such as video content or services that require your signature.
Targeted or Advertising cookies. We, as well as our service providers, may use targeted or advertising cookies, in order to display ads that we believe are most relevant to you and your interests. For example, we may use targeted or advertising cookies to limit the frequency with which you view the same ad on our website and to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising. These cookies remember what you look for on our website and we may share this information with other organizations, such as advertisers.
For more information on targeted and promotional cookies and how you leave, you can visit the website www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices or www.allaboutcookies.org/managecookies/index.html .
Third parties using Cookies on our website
In some cases, we may partner with third parties to provide services on our website. Third-party advertisers and other businesses may use their own cookies to collect information about your activities on our website and / or the ads you have selected. This information can be used by them to provide ads that they believe may most likely be of interest to you, based on the content you have seen. Third-party advertisers may also use this information to gauge the effectiveness of their ads. We do not control these cookies and in order to disable or reject third-party cookies, please refer to the website of the respective third party. You can also learn more about cookie control in the section below.
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer?redirectslug=Cookies&redirectlocale=en-US
- Google Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=el
- Safari https://support.apple.com/el-gr/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- Opera https://security.opera.com/ .
How to control Cookies
You may not allow or deny the acceptance of cookies by this Website at any time either by not activating the relevant setting in your browser, or by activating the setting in your browser, which allows you to reject them.
You may refuse to accept flash cookies from this website using Adobe Flash Management Tools at www.adobe.com/security/flashplayer . More information on the procedure to follow in order to disable cookies, if you have enabled them, can be found on the ISP web browser’s help window.
You may want to visit www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html for information on the most frequently used browsers.
Please note that if cookies are not enabled or disabled, all features of the website may not work as intended.